Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chocolate Bar Palette Review

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review

I received the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette as a Christmas gift and immediately fell in love with it. It literally SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE, guys! It was my very first high end palette, and one of my first high end products.

The packaging is fantastic. It looks like a giant chocolate bar! It's made from a hard, sturdy-feeling plastic. It also comes with a little booklet thingy of eye shadow look ideas!

















Inside the palette is a plastic insert with the names of the shadows that I have somehow managed to not lose. I wish that it had the names printed on the packaging, like the Semi-Sweet palette does, but it's not a huge inconvenience once you get used to it.














Now we get to the good stuff - the shadows! There's 16 in total, two big highlight shades (I even use the shimmery one as a cheekbone highlight) and 14 slightly smaller than average ones. First is Gilded Ganache, a dark brown shimmer with a slight greenish tinge. Next is white chocolate, a matte cream color. After that is Milk Chocolate, a matte light brown. Next up is Black Forest Truffle, a shimmery dark brown. After that we have Triple Fudge, a dark brown matte. Next we have my favorite crease shade, Salted Caramel, a light reddish-brown. After that is Marzipan, a shimmery rose gold. Then is Semi-Sweet, a matte medium brown. Next is Strawberry Bon-Bon, a matte light pink which is not very pigmented, especially compared to the other shades, which are all highly pigmented. After that is Candied Violet, a dark purple shimmer. Then is Amaretto, a shimmery medium brown. Next is Hazelnut, a shimmery medium brown. After that is my personal favorite, Creme Brulee, a shimmery gold. Next up is Haute Chocolate, a shimmery medium brown. Then we have Cherry Cordial, a dark matte red-brown. Lastly is Champagne Truffle, a shimmery light purple-pink.

All of the shadows except for Strawberry Bon-Bon are quite pigmented, at least on my skin tone - I expect that it would show up better if I had darker skin. Otherwise, even White Chocolate shows up pretty well, although not *quite* as well as the darker colors, since it's honestly pretty close to my skin tone. There is little to no fallout, depending on what brush you use. I plan to do a few tutorials with this palette soon, so look out for those! You can purchase the palette here for $49.00 USD, which I think is a good price for the quality you get.

2 comments: