Sunday, September 13, 2015

Contour Kit Review

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review

A while back I posted my first impression of this kit in the shade light to medium (purchase it here for $40.00 USD). I was starting to love it then, but I didn't feel that I had used it enough to post a full review. It's been enough time now, though, so let's jump right in!

Here is the packaging. Nothing super fancy, but nothing cheap-looking either. It's made of some sort of sturdy cardboard material. It gets dirty easily, but I don't really care unless I'm posting pictures of it, which doesn't happen often.















These are the six powders inside. I use the top three as setting powders, the bottom left and middle to contour, and the bottom right to bronze. The bottom middle is great for my cheekbones, and the bottom left works well for my nose. I have to use a very light hand with the bottom right as I'm quite pale, but it looks lovely when used correctly. I would use it to contour but it's a bit warm toned for me when it comes to contouring. On a medium skin tone, however, it would probably look great as a contour.










Here are the powders swatched on my hand. As you can see, they aren't incredibly pigmented, which is good for me because I prefer to be able to build up to the amount of color I want. They aren't so unpigmented that it takes forever to build them up, though. Just two or three layers using a very light hand on my skin tone.













Overall, I absolutely love this kit and think it's totally worth the money. Yes, it's expensive, but the product is high quality. I would not hesitate to repurchase this if I ran out of all the contour shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment