Thursday, September 3, 2015

Summer Favorites 2015


Summer Favorites 2015


Summer's over now, so I wanted to share the beauty-related things that I enjoyed this summer.

This Nail Polish

This is Essie's "Bikini So Teeny". It's quickly becoming my favorite nail polish due to how easy it is to apply, even for somebody as bad at nail polish as me, as well as because of how pretty it is! I would describe it as a light sky blue, and the Essie website describes it as a "cornflower blue". You can buy it for $8.50 USD from www.essie.com.













These Facial/Makeup Remover Wipes

These face wipes are fantastic! I use them to remove my makeup at the end of the day, but I imagine you could use them just as a nice, refreshing quick clean. They're the Burt's Bees Cucumber and Sage Facial Cleansing Towelettes. Although I'm not a hug fan of the scent, they certainly don't smell bad, and I am a huge fan of how easily they remove makeup! They also leave my face feeling clean and refreshed. They come in a pack of 30 for $6.00 USD, and you can find them here. A huge bonus is that they don't break me out at all!









This Primer

Hard Candy's Shine-Free Sheer Envy Primer is my absolute favorite, go-to primer. It keeps me matte and makes my makeup last all day long. An added bonus is that it makes my skin feel really smooth when I apply it. It also doesn't tend to ball up, which I've found some primers will do. You can buy it here for $8.00 USD. It's currently out of stock, but I'm sure it'll be back soon.












This Lip Tint

I love this lip tint so much! I got this Tarte Power Pigment in "Flush" as a birthday gift and I've loved it ever since. It was great to get because I own few high-end products at the moment compared to all the drugstore products I have. No other lip tint or stick I own smells as nice or applies as well as this does. It also lasts a very long time without feathering, even without lip liner. I would classify it as a blue-red, but the website calls it a "sheer berry", even thought it is very pigmented. You can buy it for $24.00 USD here.










This Mascara

This is the Bombshell Volume by Lashblast mascara from Covergirl in very black. It's the first multiple step mascara I've tried, and I love it. It adds loads of volume to my lashes, as well as a little bit of length. I often times use just the first end and find that it's enough for me, but your lashes will look even more voluminous if you use both ends. It costs $10.74 USD and you can buy it here.











This Foundation

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It's the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup, and I'm in the shade W1 Porcelain. It claims to give light to medium coverage on the L'oreal website, and I find that to be true. I prefer using it for a medium coverage, which usually takes 2 thin coats. The one thing I feel the need to warn people about is that it's super liquidy, so be careful pouring it out. I think it lives up to the name of super blendable, since I've never had any trouble with blending it. It even has an SPF of 17, so it'll keep you protected from the sun! You can buy it here for $10.95 USD.









This Blush

This is the Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Natural. It's currently the only blush I use because I absolutely love it! I'm quite pale, so finding a blush that isn't too bright can be difficult. This one looks great and it's hard to apply too much. Mine is a little bit broken on the edge, but it was in perfect condition when I bought it. You can get it here and it costs $11.95 USD.












This Makeup Remover Pen

If you often mess up your winged eyeliner or smudge your mascara, you need this! This is the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Remover Pen. Just keep in mind that if you want it to be effective for a long time, you have to wipe off the tip immediately after using it, which can be annoying. You can get it for $3.00 USD here.













This Bright Palette

 I love love LOVE bright colors, so this is my absolute favorite eye shadow/pressed pigment palette. It comes with a double ended brush and ten super bright, super pigmented eye shadows/pressed pigments. Although it warns you on the back not to use certain shades around the eyes, I've used all of them on my eyelid and had zero problems other than some staining, which doesn't bug me. You can buy it for $49.00 USD from www.urbandecay.com.











This Lovely Smelling Palette

This palette smells like chocolate! It includes 16 gorgeous eye shadows that all include real cocoa! It comes with a little pamphlet of look ideas and an insert with the shadow names, as well. It costs $49.00 USD and you can buy it here.















This Brush

This e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush is the brush I've been using to apply my liquid foundation. It's very soft and it's made from synthetic fibers. You can buy it here for $3.00 USD.
















This Perfume

This is my absolute favorite perfume - Incredible Things by Taylor Swift. You can get it off of here. It's usually $49.50 USD, but right now it's only $32.60 USD!
















This Lipstick

This is the Wet'n'Wild MegaLast Lip Color in "Just Peachy". It can be hard to apply and a little bit drying, but not only is it gorgeous, it's only two bucks at Rite Aid!
















This Eye Liner

This is NYC's Liquid Eyeliner in black. It's easy to apply and it lasts all day! Buy it here for $2.99 USD.

















No comments:

Post a Comment