Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Project Pan Roulette

Ongoing Project Pan Roulette: 32 Items!

If you aren't familiar with Project Pan Roulette, it's like a normal project pan, except instead of choosing whatever items you want, you draw categories out of a hat (or, in my case, a bucket) and choose items that fit into those categories. I have a total of 32 categories to choose from, and I will be working on 7 items at a time. As soon as I finish one item, I will draw a new category and pick a new item until I'm out of categories. I got most of my ideas for categories here and came up with some myself. I'm not setting any sort of time limits as I don't feel like stressing over makeup right now. I just want to get a feel for how long it takes me to use up or hit pan on certain products. Most of the categories are makeup, but there are a few bodycare categories in there as well.





These are the first seven categories I chose at random - a full size product, an eyeshadow I've already hit pan on, a nail polish, a recent purchase, a hand cream, a product under $5.00, and a bright lip product.















For my full size product, I chose my Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch foundation because it's nice and light feeling which is great for the spring and summer while still providing good coverage. It's also a tiny bit dark for me, so I'm hoping it'll match me better as I get tanner during the warmer months. I also think that it's getting to be at least 6 or 7 months old at this point so it would be good to use it up.












I've already hit pan on the shade Salted Caramel in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and I really like it, so I figured it would be one of the easiest shadows for me to use up. I like to use it as a crease/transition shade.















As for my nail polish, I chose Essie's Bikini So Teeny because I think it's the perfect spring and summer shade, plus I've already made some progress on it so it will be a bit easier. It has tiny microshimmer that I only noticed recently and that makes me love it even more.














For my recent purchase, I chose the LA Colors Contour Stick in Highlighter. There's not actually a ton of product so it shouldn't take too long. It's a very pretty shade that I think looks nice on my skin.















When I got this hand cream in my April Boxycharm, I knew I wasn't going to use it up unless I put an effort in because although I like it, I'm just not a hand cream person. Hopefully this project will drive me to use it a lot more.















Not only is this product under five dollars, it's only one dollar if you get it from ShopMissA! This is the LA Colors 5-Color Metallic Mauves palette in Wine & Roses, and it's really pretty. I have yet to use t on my eyes but the shadows are gorgeous swatched so I can't wait to start using them.














Last but not least is a bright lip product. I chose a mini of the Urban Decay High Color Lipgloss in Anarchy. I think hot pink is very summery and even though it's still spring I've decided to ignore that and pretend it's summer. This gloss is really pigmented, so I plan to wear it alone most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment