Thursday, May 19, 2016

May Boxycharm

May 2016 Boxycharm Unboxing

I'm very excited for my second month of Boxycharm! It looks like this month's theme is going to be a spring-type of thing.
















I got six items this month! Usually you get 4-5 full size products, but this month we get 5 full size products and a bonus deluxe sized sample of a perfume. I'm really happy with this.















I wanted to start with this product because mine came broken. It's a Starlooks lipliner that appears to be in collaboration with Boxycharm in the shade "Charmed" which looks gorgeous but the way mine was broken I couldn't even swatch it. Mine won't roll up or down properly and the tip is broken as well. I have already emailed Boxycharm customer service and I will update you on how that goes in next month's unboxing and probably sooner on my Instagram (@makeupwithmaggie773). Since it's a roll-up lipliner, I may be able to scoop the product into a small pot so I can use it with a lip brush, but I would really rather have my product replaced, and I hear Boxycharm is usually willing to do that. This lipliner goes for $19.50






As an added bonus, Boxycharm threw in a 25% off discount code for PUR cosmetics! It appears to only be valid for 10 days and I got my box later than some people so I don't know how long the code is going to work for but I don't plan to make an order off of PUR anytime soon anyways. Still, it was a cool little extra.













This adorably packaged nail polish, worth $10.50, is by Ella + Mila and is in the shade Pistache. It's a really pretty very light mint - I would almost describe it as a delicate color. I love the shade and can't wait to use it. It is Vegan and Cruelty-Free as well, so if anybody is looking for a reasonably priced nail polish that meets those requirements, maybe this one is worth a try.












From what I understand, some people got different colors of this product, but I'm really happy with the shade I got of the PUR Double Ego Dual-Ended Eyeliner. Mine is in the shade Queensland, which is a really nice teal. I think it would look great as a pop of color on the lower lashline to enhance the blue in my eyes without washing them out. The top swatch is the liquid end and the bottom swatch is the pencil end. This costs $21.00











I've never owned anything from Makeup Geek before, but I've wanted to for a while now, so I was excited to get their blush in the shade XOXO. It retails for $15.00 and I can already see why - it's silky smooth to the touch, really pigmented without quite going overboard, and it seems to be very blendable when I swatched it. The packaging is lovely as well, definitely something you would expect from a high end brand rather than one that's usually more affordable like Makeup Geek.










The Brow Gal Clear Brow Gel is $20.00, which is a lot compared to the one I usually use from Essence that costs $2.99 and does the job just fine. Although I'm skeptical of whether or not this will be any better than that, I certainly don't mind having another clear brow gel, especially since the one I'm using right now is getting old enough that it's not so clear anymore. I just hope that this one doesn't make my brows feel all crunchy, because the Essence one doesn't do that so one that costs this much had better not either.










Last but definitely not least is the Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence perfume. I love it so much! It smells so lovely and romantic to me, and I will definitely be saving it for special occasions. The deluxe sample size is worth $20.00, and the 1 ounce size is $65.00 on Ulta. I actually like it so much that if I use the whole thing up and still like it, I might buy the 1 ounce size. I wouldn't get a bigger bottle than that because I don't wear perfume very often but this one could quite possibly be worth buying if I still like it after wearing it a few more times.









The total value of this month's box comes out to be $106.00 USD, well over the $21.00 a month it costs. The item I'm currently most excited for is, surprisingly (since I'm not huge on perfume), the perfume sample. I also really want to try out the lipliner but I'll have to wait until I'm (hopefully) sent a replacement. If you got this month's Boxycharm, what did you like best? If you didn't, what do you think you would like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment