Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: Origins Eye Cream

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream Review

A few months ago I was looking for an eye cream, and Sephora was offering a deluxe size sample of the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream as a 100 point perk. I had wanted to try it, so I got it. That sample lasted me a good two months, and during that time I decided I loved it so much that I would get the full size. You can buy the full size (0.5 ounces for $30 USD) at Sephora or the official Origins website. I love the packaging - very simple but still cute in it's way. I happen to love the color orange so that could be part of it. Some may not like the pot container because of how easily it can get full of bacteria if you dip your fingers in it, but if you scoop out product with a q-tip or other clean implement you should be fine.






This is what the product itself looks like. It's a very light consistency, which I enjoy because it is meant to be applied in the morning, so I don't want a ton of heavy moisturizing product on my face as I'm probably about to apply makeup. Although it is thin in consistency, I find it to be very moisturizing. On Sephora, these are the product's claims:
"This morning-after eye cream with coffee beans, panax ginseng, magnolia extract, and natural optic brighteners rapidly wakes up tired eyes. It helps reduce dark circles and unsightly bags, refreshing to restore a radiant look."
I agree that it reduces dark circles and undereye bags - within two weeks of daily use, I noticed a pretty big difference in mine. Which was exciting, because I had really bad dark circles! They aren't totally nonexistent now, but they're definitely much better. I do start to notice a difference when I forget to use this eye cream for a few days in a row. It also claims to be good for normal, oily, combination, dry, and sensitive skin. I have normal skin with occassional dry patches, especially under my eyes. When I use this, those dry patches under my eyes totally go away. This eye cream is also supposed to instantly wake up tired eyes. While I don't fully agree with that, I do notice that this eye cream has a slight "sheen" or "glow" right after I apply it, and it does brighten the undereye area to an extent. I have pretty severe tired eyes, though, so I can see it waking up tired eyes a bit better if your eyes are a lot less tired.

So, do I recommend you try this product? Absolutely, yes. But try to get a sample first, or buy it from somewhere with a good return policy, because skincare is a very personal thing and what works for me may not work for you. At $30 for half an ounce, I don't think the price is all that bad, especially since Origins is a high-end skincare brand. I've seen some drugstore eye creams that are about the same price, so really it's not very expensive at all for an eye cream, and especially not for one this fantastic. And not only is it an all around good product, it's not one of those products with a bunch of annoying false claims. It genuinely does for me what it says it will do, and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment