Monday, January 25, 2016

Products I Want To Use Up Update

Products I Want To Use Up In 2016 Update One

About a month ago I posted a list of products I wanted to use up in 2016, and I think I've been making really good progress! I wanted to bring an update at the end of every month, so here it is!

Lip Balm

I wanted to finish five lip balms this year, but I may end up shooting for ten or fifteen - I've already used up two, and I'm near the end of the third! I've found that Lip Smackers go pretty fast because they're really soft and you can pile a lot on at once, but they wear off pretty fast so you end up reapplying more often. This has led to me finishing one and nearly finishing another within two or three weeks. The Blamtastic Skins one went pretty fast as well, since it was really thin. I really enjoyed that one so I bought another one from that brand in a different flavor to try out.









Lipstick

I want to use up one full size lipstick this year, and I think it's doable, except I have yet to choose one. I've been using Brave by MAC a lot, so I may choose that one, but I love it a lot and don't want to see it go. But because I love it so much, I want to wear it a lot, so I have a bit of a dilemma. I think I'll end up choosing it, though, so that it gets good use.

Foundation

I technically finished one foundation, but there was only one or two uses left in it in the first place, so I'm not counting it. I'm thinking of going for one of my Fit Me foundations, since I have two of them right now and I'm not crazy about them anymore.

Body Spray

I've been using one of Bath and Body Works' holiday scents a ton, even though it's no longer the holidays - Twisted Peppermint. I absolutely love it and I use it nearly every day, so it shouldn't be a challenge to finish, but I may get sick of it so we'll see. It smells like peppermint with a hint of vanilla and I absolutely love that.

Powder

For my first powder, I'm going for this translucent one from NYX. I want to try the RCMA no color powder, but I want to finish two other powders first since I don't want to accumulate too many. This one was pretty much full when I started so I want to get through it. There's not a huge amount of product so it should be pretty easy.













Eyeliner

I haven't targeted any eyeliners yet, which probably isn't good since I wanted to finish six. I'm including any form of eyeliner, though, and I think I'll include brow pencils in this category if I start having difficulty finishing eyeliners.

Body Butter

I'm almost done with the first of three body butters! I've decided to include lotions in this category as well, since I need to use some of those up but I usually use body butter or body lotion, not both at once. I've loved this shea butter one because it's thick enough that it's really moisturizing but not so thick that it's unpleasant.













Nail Polish

I held the nail polish I want to use up this year up to a light so that it was easier to see how much was left. I've made a pretty good dent and I think it's safe to say I can use this up entirely this year. I actually really like this color, but it's only a dollar so it's easy enough to buy a new one if I miss it when it's gone - which is unlikely, since I have a ton of pink polishes.













Shower Gel

This category is a bit slow, since I don't feel the need to shower any more than I already do, and I don't use a ton of shower gel in each shower, but I've been finding ways to use my shower gels other than as shower gels. I can use them as shampoo, too, which helps me use up more, and as bubble bath if I take a bath (although that doesn't happen too often. Baths freak me out).

Lip Butter

I wanted to use up one lip butter this year, and I think that's definitely doable. I had already used this quite a bit before starting, but I think I can use this up pretty easily once I've used up all the lip balms I want to since I can use it in place of regular lip balm. This lip butter is nice but the scent is getting less fun and more annoying at this point.













Lip Scrub

This is the lip scrub I want to use up this year. I've used maybe a quarter of it up total, but some of that happened before I started this project. Still, I think using this up in a year is manageable. I use it almost every day, and I would consider repurchasing it when I'm done with this one because not only is it good, it uses ground up walnut shells as an exfoliant rather than plastic microbeads, which are bad for the environment, so I avoid those. I now make my own suger lip scrub (also environmentally friendly!), so I doubt I will end up repurchasing it, but I would think about it.









Eyeshadow

I want to hit pan on ten eyeshadow pans this year, but that looks like it might not happen since I still have to hit pan on one. I've been using this one - Salted Caramel in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette - every day and this is my dent so far. I like it as a warm crease shade.














Lip Gloss

I may abandon this category altogether unless I start regularly using lip gloss all of the sudden. I just never end up using gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment