Sunday, January 24, 2016

Coconut Oil Uses

Three Ways I Use Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is super great for you, inside and out. In addition to using it for cooking, I wanted to tell you about three ways I use it on the outside - for my hair, skin, and lips!

#1 - Sugar Scrub Cubes

One way to use coconut oil for your skin is these sugar scrub cubes. I found the recipe here. One of the bigger ones can do my arms and legs, although I would recommend using two if your cubes are smaller. I just used some ice cube molds I got from the dollar store and put the mixture in them and then put them in the fridge for a few hours and bam! Sugar scrub cubes made from coconut oil and regular household ingredients. They exfoliate, moisturize, and clean at the same time.











#2 - Lip Balm

I was obsessed with lip balm for a while, and during that time I mashed together a few DIY lip balm recipes and made my own. All you need is a crayon, a teaspoon of coconut oil, and a quarter of a teaspoon of vaseline. Melt those together, adding any optional ingredients like vitamin e or flavoring, and pour the mixture into a container or mold. It will most likely go on the lips the same color as the crayon, so it's kind of like a lipstick in that way, except it's super moisturizing.

#3 - In Your Hair

Once a week, usually on a Sunday, I like to put a ton of coconut oil all through my hair a few hours before I plan to shower. This makes my hair super soft and shiny, as well as making it so that I don't feel the need to use any conditioner. I've never tried using it in a DIY hair mask, but I want to try it some time and will post the recipe here if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment