Tuesday, February 23, 2016

An Unnecessary Haul

I Did More Shopping That Didn't Need To Be Done

The drugstore has been releasing tons of new stuff lately, and I wanted to try it all, but I restrained myself and only got a few of the new things. I went to WalMart for most of this, but I'll also be showing the stuff I got at Dollar Tree first. My justification for going to the dollar store is that I recently threw out tons of old nail polish, so I need new ones to replace what I got rid of, and the dollar store carries the L.A. Colors polishes I like.

I've been wanting to try the e.l.f. Lip Balm Tints, and my local Dollar Tree had a bunch in the shade Grapefruit. I've heard good things about these, and I wanted to see if they were comparable to the Nivea lip butters.















I'm running out of nail polish remover so I got some more, and I'm trying out the strengthening kind this time because I have the crappiest nails ever and I want to do something about it. I don't know how much it will help since in the past nail hardeners haven't done much at all but I'm willing to try it since it's a dollar and will still at least work for removing polish.












I don't tend to wear fake nails because I find them irritating, but I thought these ones were super cute and I could wear them for a special occasion if I wanted longer nails that day. They don't come with glue, but I already have some.















Since I got rid of so much nail polish, I figured getting three new ones wouldn't be excessive. The blue and coral seem like nice summer shades, and the red seems like a red I would actually wear since I don't tend to go for bright reds and this one is on the darker side.














I got more candles at WalMart! Because I totally need more candles! These ones smelled super good though, and they were on sale for $3.00 USD. I don't know if they'll actually make the entire room smell good like a Yankee candle does, but they'll be pretty.














This is the other candle I got. I like the first one a bit more, but I didn't want to get two in case I get sick of the scent by the time it's used up. Both of them are more summery scents, but if I like a smell then I'll like it all year long, so I don't pay much attention to whether or not a scent is seasonal.














I've really been wanting to try this Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water ever since it came out and everybody started raving about it. I have the Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water, but that stings my eyes, not to mention that you get half the product for almost double the price. I'll probably do a post comparing them once I've tried this one out thoroughly.













I wanted to get an e.l.f. Lip Kiss Balm so I could try it out and make a post comparing it and the L.A. Colors Color Balms to the Baby Lips lip balms. It was only $2.00, and the L.A. Colors ones are just a dollar, so if they end up being dupes then that would be great. I got mine in the shade Bare Kiss. I wanted to get more makeup brushes from e.l.f. because I think they're fantastic but all of the brushes I wanted to get were sold out so I didn't end up getting any.











These Hard Candy Velvet Mousse Matte Lip Colors looked new and interesting, so I got one in the shade Sweet Pea. I'm not sure yet if they dry down to a matte, transfer-proof finish like I'm hoping they do, but a review will be coming either way. It was only $6.00 so if it's a good liquid lipstick then that's not a bad price.













I'm running low on my first Hard Candy setting spray, so I got a second one for when that runs out. For only six bucks, it's a really good setting spray that actually really helps my makeup last longer.















I've had my eyes on this palette for a while and I finally decided to get it because it's only $8.00 and I'm feeling a bit uninspired by my current palettes at the moment. It has a really pretty gold-ish shade that I can't wait to play around with. I'll probably do a review post once I've tried it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment