Monday, March 28, 2016

Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial

Eye Tutorial Using The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

I've been loving the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette again, but I've been struggling with one shade in particular - Candied Violet. I don't know if it's this way in everybody's palette, but in mine, it's super dry and unpigmented. It's never bugged me before because I never used the shade but as I've used the palette more, I've been wanting to get use out of every shade, and it's been really difficult to work with Candied Violet. That is, until I tried using it wet. I do find that I have to re-wet it several times because of how quickly it dries out again, but it looks super pretty all over the lid so it's worth it.

I used an e.l.f. Blending Brush to put the shade Milk Chocolate in and above the crease lightly as a transition shade.










Next I used an e.l.f. Crease Brush and put the shade Semi-Sweet into my crease, blending it out with a fluffy blending brush from a Sephora gift set.









After that I used a Kleancolor Eyeshadow Brush to pack the shade Candied Violet, used wet, all over the lid. I also blended it up into the crease using the same blending brush.









Next I used an angled shadow brush from a Sephora gift set to place the shade Cherry Cordial in my outer v, blending it with the same fluffy blending brush.









Using the same angled brush, I used Cherry Cordial on my lower lashline, also blending it out with the same fluffy blending brush.










Add the shade Champagne Truffle (used wet) to the inner corner (I used a brush from a Hautelook and Morphe exclusive set) and the shadow is done!










I added some really dramatic liner and voluminous mascara to finish off the look, but you can do whatever you like. This look would look great with some super dramatic false lashes.









I paired this eye look with MAC's Twig, which has a satin finish. A matte finish would also look good with this eye look. A glossy finish would work as well, but I personally prefer a matte or satin finish with this particular look. A red might distract from the eye look, but if that's what you want then go for it! I personally prefer a nude or more neutral color for this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment