Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Products I Want To Use Up Update

Products I Want To Use Up In 2016 Update Three

I was feeling a bit sick again this month, but I still managed to make some decent progress! Because I haven't worn my body spray at all this month, I'm removing that category. I'm also getting rid of the shower gel category because I just don't think there's a point to it anymore. I added it thinking I would need to make room for more shower gels but I haven't ended up getting any more so I think using them up at a normal rate will be fine. All the other categories are the same as last month.

Lip Balm

I've officially used up my goal of five lip balms! I've also already bought way more than that this year, but at least I'm getting good use out of the ones I have. This category won't be included in updates anymore because it is complete.















Lipstick

I feel like I've made some really good progress on my MAC lipstick in Brave! I have another MAC order coming in that includes a couple of lipsticks, so I really want to make sure I'm using some of them up as well in order to justify getting more. Since they're high end lipsticks, I would feel worse if they expired without getting good use than if they were drugstore. My goal is just to use up one lipstick this year.












Foundation

I finished my Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation, so for the second one I want to use up this year (I only want to use up a total of two), I'm adding another one of the same in. I had bought a couple of backups when they were on sale at Ulta and they were my absolute favorite foundation, but now I'm not as wild about them. I do still like this foundation, it just doesn't work as well for me as it used to, so I'd like to move it out of my collection.











Powder

I'm nearly finished with my NYX powder! I want to use up two powders this year, and this one will be the first. I really like it and would consider repurchasing it after I try out some other powders I've been wanting to test.















Eyeliner

I've only used each of these eyeliners a couple of times, but I think my modified goal of three for the year is still doable. I really need to start using the L.A. Colors one on a daily basis as an eyeshadow base and waterline liner.















Body Butter

I have made pretty much no progress here. I want to use up three of these, but so far I've used up one. I'll admit that I probably only used this one once this month because I've totally been slacking with all of my skincare for a while now. I will try to make an effort in April, though.














Nail Polish

Sorry for the odd lighting in this picture, but I wanted to show how much polish was left in the bottle. As you can see, I'm nearly there, and I think that with regular use this could be done within two weeks. I really like this color and I've been trying to get my hands on another bottle of it but I can't seem to find another one anywhere so far.













Lip Butter

I feel like I could have made better progress on my Nivea Lip Butter, but I also think that I'll be making tons of progress now that I've used up five lip balms because I can use this instead of regular lip balm. My goal for this category is one lip butter.














Lip Scrub

I don't know how easily you can tell in this photo, but a tiny bit of the bottom of the lip scrub container is showing! I've been using this about three times a week but I really could be using it daily. I plan to repurchase this in a different flavor when I run out.














Eyeshadow

I hit pan on three eyeshadows this month, bringing my total up to four! It took me literally two days to hit pan on the shadow in the e.l.f. quad (top, e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color in the shade Pretty n Pink) because there's not a whole lot of product and it blends away super easily, but I'm still counting it because I wasn't purposefully wasting it. The middle shadow shown is the shade White Chocolate from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, and the bottom shade is Champagne Truffle from the same palette. I think that the next shade I'll try to hit pan on will be the shade Milk Chocolate, from that same palette, as well as the white shade in the e.l.f. quad. I want to hit pan on ten eyeshadows this year.



Lip Gloss

I probably only used this gloss once this month, but I'm still going to work on it and just see how far I can get. I'm going to abandon my lip gloss goals (I wanted to use up two) and just see how far I can get on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment