Monday, April 11, 2016

E.l.f. Haul

e.l.f. Moving Sale Haul

The brand e.l.f. is fantastic because everything is inexpensive and the majority of it is pretty good or at least decent quality. When I got an email about their moving sale, I got super excited, because the sale meant that tons of their products were marked down to $1.00 USD because they were moving to a new warehouse. I decided I had to take advantage of the sale and made an order. One of the things I ordered (a nail polish) didn't come but they sent me an email warning me and refunded me. Another thing was missing from my order, but I also received an item I hadn't ordered so I think that was meant to replace the item that wasn't sent. Usually this would bug me but this particular time it didn't because what I wasn't sent was a pack of their lotion wipes and what I was sent instead was a 10-eyeshadow palette that I've really been wanting to try out, and after swatching it I really like it. I also found a code online and when I entered it on the website, I got a free 83-piece Essential Makeup Collection, which you can currently buy on their website for $20.00.

This is the front of the free 83-piece Essential Makeup Collection. I will probably be doing a full review and possibly swatches of this so I didn't include pictures of the inside. I swatched some of the eyeshadows, blushes, and bronzers and they're all really pigmented. The lip colors are pretty sheer, but still workable. It even comes with some little brushes, which are actually quite soft.












There were only four colors of the Lip Stains that I could see at the time I ordered, so I got all of them because I liked them all, they were only a dollar each, and I wanted to do a lip swatch post. Apparently the colored part dried down to a matte finish, and then you can top it with the gloss if you want to.













I've totally run out of my NYX translucent powder, so I decided it was time to pick up another one. I liked the NYX one and would have repurchased it but as a blogger it's always good to be trying out new products so that I can review them.














Swatching this, it seems pretty sheer, and I imagine it would be even more sheer with a brush, but I got it for a dollar so I'm not too mad. I'm sure I'll find a use for it or pass it along to someone who can if it doesn't work out as a bronzer for me.














I got this thinking it was a few shades lighter than it actually is, so I'm not sure it'll actually end up working as a highlight on my skin. My skin is very light so I don't tend to go for bronzey highlights since I don't think they'd suit me. I'll play around with this and see if I can make it work somehow but if not then I'll pass it along to a friend with darker skin.













Due to my obsession with it, apparently I have to order lip balm everytime I order makeup. This isn't even all of them. I can at least justify these ones by saying they have SPF and the sun's coming out more lately so I need the sun protection, but really that's a weak excuse because I already have plenty of lip balm with SPF in it.













I didn't own any glitter liners and I felt like it was time I got some. I'm not expecting them to be super pigmented, I just want glitter, because glitter is just about my favorite thing.
















I'm pretty sure I ordered a different color of this blush, but I can still work with this, and I don't own any colors like this so it'll be fun to experiment with.
















I got the Conditioning Lip Balm in the shade Peaceful Pink because it seemed like the most wearable shade and I wanted to try it out. You seem to get a ton of product and it has conditioning in the title which makes me feel like it would be super moisturizing, and that's very exciting to me because oh my god lip balm.













Then I got another lip balm, this one in the shade Pink Princess. I already had this in the shades Grapefruit (despite my ongoing conflict with grapefruits) and Nude, and I like them so I wanted to try out another color. I originally got my first one wanted to compare it to the Nivea lip butters, which it turns out they're nothing like, but they're still pretty good.













I got a Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade because I've been super into highlighting lately and this seemed like a cool concept. I found that you need the absolute tiniest amount, so this should last me forever.















Like I said, I've been super into highlighting lately, so I got an All Over Color Stick in Spotlight. It gives more of a subtle sheen than an intense glow like the Facial Whip, but I can still see myself using it.















I got a nail polish in Jazzy Berry because I don't have many colors like this and I think I'll wear it a lot come fall. I'll probably also wear it a lot in the spring and summer because i don't pay too much attention to seasonal colors but I'll especially like it in the fall.














I got two Flawless Eyeshadow quads, one in Sea Escape and one in Party Purple. These were the only two on sale at the time I ordered but I do know that they sell more colors. I like e.l.f. shadows most of the time even though they're not super long wearing because they tend to be quite pigmented and blendable.













People have said some great things about this glitter primer, so I decided to finally pick it up. I don't have any glitter, but i do have some pressed pigments that give me a lot of fallout that I hope this will help with.















Let me tell you, you don't even need a full pump of this HD Blush for both cheeks. I pumped an entire pump onto the back of my hand and it pretty much covered the entire back of my hand without looking sheer. So be careful with this because it's super pigmented.














I have pretty good skin, but when the occasional stubborn pimple pops up, I always wish I had something like this, so I got one. It was on sale for a dollar and I've wanted it but it's usually sold out so this time I figured, why not?















I needed this brush because I don't actually have a brush to apply bronzer with and when I got the bronzer I figured it was a good time to pick up a brush as well. I have many e.l.f. brushes and they do tend to fall apart faster than other brushes (usually after 3-5 months of regular washing and use) but I still think they're worth the money.













This is the palette I received instead of the lotion wipes, and I must say that after swatching it I like it quite a lot. I think it's meant to be like the Urban Decay Naked 3, which I don't own, but I do have the Iconic 3 from Makeup Revolution which is supposed to be a dupe. Most of the colors are quite pigmented and all of them are really buttery and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment