Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review

Revlon ColorStay Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin Review


I somewhat recently got the Revlon ColorStay foundation for normal/dry skin and I really wanted to give it a review because I've been wearing it a lot. I'm in the shade 110 Ivory, and I wanted to mention that it is the perfect shade match for me! Although that won't effect my review because something that matches me perfectly won't match everybody perfectly, I do absolutely love how well it matches me. The majority of drugstore foundations I've tried are at least a bit too dark for me because I'm quite pale, but this matches me like a dream. The shade range of this foundation isn't bad, although the shade range for the combination/oily version of this foundation does seem to be better. There are certainly foundations that come with a better shade range for darker skin, but there are definitely worse as well. 





On the Revlon website, this foundation is said to last up to 24 hours. I've tested this for as long as 10 hours at a time and it lasted super well - it looked almost the same as it did when I first put it on without any touch-ups at all! I truly put this to the test the other day when I wore it for ten hours including about 45 minutes of moderately fast walking, and my face didn't look oily or greasy at all. I haven't worn this through any heavy exercise, but I don't tend to wear makeup if I plan to do any heavy exercise anyways. It did wear off a tiny bit on my cheeks and forehead, but all of my foundations do that to me, and this one didn't do it nearly as badly as any of my others do. I always set my foundation with powder, but when I put this foundation to the test the other day I didn't wear any primer or setting spray. The coverage is very buildable without looking cakey, and you can get pretty full coverage with just three or four pumps. So does this foundation truly last 24 hours? I have no idea, and I don't plan on testing that. But on my skin, it lasts at least 10 hours without primer or setting spray, and I usually use primer and setting spray on a daily basis, so I expect that under normal circumstances this foundation could last at least 12+ hours on me, and that's the longest amount of time I usually need it to last.

Here's the shade 110 Ivory swatched on the inside of my arm. It looks pretty yellow here, but once it's blended out on my face with a brush, it matches me perfectly. It's actually not very yellow at all once you blend it out. Overall, I absolutely love this foundation. It gives medium to full buildable coverage, which is what I prefer, and it lasts a super long time. I've found that it applies beautifully with both a damp sponge and a brush, so you can use whichever you prefer. I prefer a brush because I find it gives slightly fuller coverage. It costs $9.48 USD on WalMart's website, which I think is a pretty good price for such a quality product. It has an SPF of 20, so it's great for everyday wear if you don't want to wear sunscreen underneath your makeup or your moisturizer doesn't have SPF. Because I get sunburned very easily, I'm always happy to have a foundation with SPF in it. I highly recommend this for those of you with normal to slightly dry skin like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment