Monday, April 4, 2016

First Impression

Lancome Absolu Voyage First Impression

My aunt recently went to Paris, and she was very nice and got me my birthday presents from there because she knows I love Paris. One of those things was the Lancome Absolu Voyage Complete Expert Makeup Palette,which I immediately loved and wanted to do a first impression on. I can't find it on the Lancome website, so I'm guessing it's either not available on the U.S. site or is in-stores only, but you can get it off of other websites like Ebay.

This is the back of the box. I forgot to get a picture of the front of the box, which is silver and says Lancome Paris at the top. The sides of the box are entirely in French, and what little French I know doesn't include makeup terms, so I don't know what it says.














The palette itself looks like this. It comes in a velvety pouch which makes me feel extra fancy. I know a lot of people don't see the point in that but it makes me feel all fancy and stuff so I like it.















This is the palette when open. It comes with a mascara, two concealers, three lipsticks/glosses, a blush, six eyeshadows, a face powder, a lipliner, an eyeliner, an eye brush, a face brush, and a lip brush, as well as a little puff on top of the powder. The concealers and powder look as if they'll actually match me, which is great because most concealers and powders are too dark for me. The blush is a very wearable shade for me, and the eyeshadows are all lovely colors.











Here are the concealers, powder, and blush swatched. The powder will definitely match me, and the concealers will probably work if I use a small amount rather than a lot like I did for the swatches. The blush has just enough pigment - it will show up on me, but it won't be too much.














This is the eyeliner and all of the eyeshadows swatched. The white doesn't really show up on my skin, but I imagine it would be somewhat easier to see on a darker skintone. All of the shadows are super buttery and blended really well when I tested them out on my eyes. Most of them have shimmer, but I don't mind that.













These are the lipliner and lipsticks/glosses swatched. The last gloss, which is the light pink sparkley one, is definitely more of a gloss than a lipstick, but the other two could be either depending on how much you layer them. When I layered the middle lipstick/gloss over the lipliner I really liked the way it turned out.













Overall, I really like this set and I'm glad I have it. It would be a great on-the-go palette to keep in your bag for touch-ups or for travel purposes because it has pretty much everything you need unless you really want a foundation. The eyeshadows could double as brow powder and you would have everything you need. I tried out the mascara as well and I really liked how it made my lashes look, although I haven't worn it for long enough to have a true opinion on it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment