Friday, April 1, 2016

MAC Haul

A Small MAC Haul :)

MAC recently dropped the price of their single pan shadows to $6.00 USD, which I think is a great deal so I had to take advantage of it. I believe it's a permanent change, as well! I don't currently have a Z-palette to store them in but I plan to get one after my birthday, so for now I'll just keep them in their cardboard packaging while I'm not using them. I also got a couple of lipsticks that I had been wanting for a while now because I've discovered that I love MAC lipsticks and I want to build up my collection.

I got to choose a free sample, so I went for the Strobe Cream because I already have a sample of the primer and I didn't want a mascara. I tend to prefer matte face makeup, but I'm willing to give this a try.














The first eyeshadow I got was Wedge, which is a very basic light neutral brown, perfect for a crease/transition shade. Before I made this order my only MAC shadow was Amber Lights but I love it and I wanted something I would use everyday.













The second shadow I got is in the shade Motif. It's described on the MAC website as a gold peach with pink pearl, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't expecting it to be as duochrome as it is but it's definitely a pleasant surprise.













The last shadow I got is Cranberry, because not only does it look beautiful but I also heard that it looks great on blue eyes. I'm already starting to love this one.















I got Russian Red! I wanted a classic cool-toned red and Russian Red seemed like the best option so that's what I went with. I only had MAC lipsticks with satin and amplified finishes before this, so I'll have to see how I like the matte formula. I've worn this once so far for about six hours and it wasn't too drying so I'm loving it so far.











This last product has been calling my name since I saw it when it came out a couple of months ago. It's a bright orangey-coral that I think will be perfect for the summertime. It's another matte finish, so I'm really hoping I end up liking the matte finishes from MAC. I originally also wanted the lipstick Among The Fireflies from the Faerie Whispers collection, but it seemed like it might be too brown to look flattering on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment