Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How To Get Great Lips

How I Keep My Lips In Great Condition

I've always struggled to keep my lips in good condition, especially throughout the winter months. They get cracked and chapped really easily, so my lipstick would end up looking really bad, and this annoyed me. A lot. So I tried out tons of different things, and I've finally found something that works to keep my lips in perfect condition for long days of drying lipstick.

The trick? A good lip scrub and a super thick, highly moisturizing lip butter. I love the Nivea lip butters because they lock the moisture in really well while hydrating my lips at the same time. Not only does it work wonders, it smells great too! I'm nearly finished with this tin but I have another scent ready to go for when this one is done. It's very important to keep your lips moisturized, but that means that there will be some dead skin on the surface as well. I find I need to exfoliate my lips once a day, but you may only need to exfoliate your lips every two or three days. I really like the Beauty Treats lip scrub, which is only a dollar from ShopMissA, but another great exfoliant is just plain sugar mixed with coconut oil. It works just as well and you can make as much as you need. I start by mixing one part coconut oil and one part sugar and then add sugar until it's the consistency I want, and sometimes I'll add flavor oils so it tastes nice. If you're out and about during the day and aren't wearing lipstick and don't want to be wearing a thick lip butter, I find that Chapstick is a great go-to for on the go moisture. I also like BabyLips, but some people find that those aren't moisturizing enough for them.

So basically, all you need to do to keep your lips soft and hydrated is a good lip butter and a lip scrub. I hope this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment