Friday, October 28, 2016

I'm Actually Back

I'm Actually Back This Time + An Update on Life



Hello, everyone! I know it's been quite a while, and I'd like to apologize for that as well as offer an explanation. I did mean to come back when I posted my last "I'm Back" post, but life doesn't always go as planned. Since then I've had some more health issues as well as quite a few unexpected stressful life events. I love this blog but I simply didn't have the energy to update it, so I made the choice to take a break as mental health is very important to me. I definitely thought I would be back sooner, but I've had a few things happen in my family life that set me back in my recovery. I'm still pretty out of it, so I'm going to be changing some things about how I run this blog.

Changes:

  • I'll only be posting three times a week for now - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. In the future I do plan to go back to every weekday but for now that's just not something I can handle. This will be starting next week, on Monday Oct. 31st.
  • Any sort of series such as project pans won't be continuing since it's been so long. This includes the Erin Condren stickers I said I'd be doing, since I've lost interest in that and just don't have the time or energy as of now.
  • Every once in a while I may post a short life update or rambly post on something I find interesting. They won't be counted as one of the three weekly posts, so they'll go up on the weekend, a Tuesday, or a Thursday.
  • I'm going to be updating the layout of the blog a bit, probably adding some new pages if I can figure it out such as an About Me and a place to find me on social media. If anybody has any suggestions, feel free to comment, e-mail me at makeupwithmaggie773@gmail.com, or message me on my Instagram which is @makeupwithmaggie773.
  • Suggestions! Although I did take suggestions for posts and content before, I never made it very clear how or where to do so. You can suggest things using the same methods I listed in the fourth bullet point, and I will be trying to find another easy, clear way for you to use.
It's good to be back, I missed this blog and the interaction I had with readers. I wanted to come back on September 3rd, which would have been this blog's first birthday, but life just didn't allow it. I've been looking into getting a real camera to take pictures for posts with - I'm still using the built-in camera on my iPhone 6, which isn't bad (I remember when I got my first phone in 2011, a Pantech Ease, and thought that it had good camera quality - technology progresses so fast now!) but still not as good as I'd like. I appreciate anybody who's stuck around all this time and/or kept following my Instagram for updates all this time, I would totally understand if you hadn't but I'm so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment